Tips for Healthy Feet
Derek Buchholz D.Pod.M. Podiatrist & HCPC Registered.
• Wash feet carefully especially between the toes and dry thoroughly.
• Don't walk bare foot in changing rooms.
• Always cut nails straight leaving a small amout of free edge.
• If toe nails are mishappen or discoloured they may have an infection, obtain professional advice consult a HCPC Registered Chiropodist.
• Don't use abrasives on your skin as they encorage dehydration ,fissuring and callous formation.
• Cream feet daily especially on dry or hard skin areas.
• Buy shoes that feel comfortable from the onset, avoid those that may need wearing in, allow a fingers width between your toes and the end of the shoe
• Change and air shoes regularly especially trainers.
• Verrucae, athletes foot and other common foot conditions can rapidly spread, consult a HCPC Registered Chiropodist for effective treatment especially if you suffer with Diabetes.